Sunday 24 May 2015

Hm, Gym Class...why?

lately, i've  been pondering about why i go to gym class.

every class i'm ready with the appropriate attire, and with the appropriate attitude. 
every class i try my best, even though there are activities that i have a burning hatred of (insanity)
 let's talk about the activities that i dont like. 

i can skip class whenever the activity is something that i dont like; i can skip class when ever i want, but i dont, so why?
why do i show up for fitness and follow some sweaty, panting, beefcake on some workout video? 
why do i try my hardest in hill runs, even though my ass hurts like no tomorrow? and why do i keep repeating that?

well, first of all, it's because i want to set an example for those who are giving up or gave up (during fitness); i want to encourage them tat they can do it, i want to make them believe that they can surpass the negativity and the 'i cant do it's. 

also, another reason is that, my friends are there. my friends are the best, they motivate me, and i motivate them. not only that, gym is fun when i'm with them.

Lastly, going to gym class is a way for met to relieve stress. doing fitness takes my mind off of anything that gives me anxiety, and if i try harder in gym, i can relieve my anxiety. in addtion, rugby is the same thing, and its a way to let out my anger. i love it.   

2 comments:

  1. Woah! I totally agree and i can relate with the anxiety stuff. Gym can be a real stress reliever if you can put ur mind to thinking like that :) i really love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS POST!!! What about building habits of hard work and healthy choices? Self discipline is giving up what you want in the moment so you can have what you really want in the very end. :)

    ReplyDelete